Tooling & Composite Components
Pentaxia has rapidly developed a strong reputation as a Tier 1 supplier into the luxury OEM market place for tooling solutions and composite component supply. We work with world renowned automotive customers, both large and small. With our high specification in-house paint shop capability, we can also paint/lacquer “visual A+” quality components to demanding OEM standards.
- Industry standard software – Catia V5, SmarTeam and Solidworks
- Full Tooling design – hand layup mould tools or matched die press tooling
- Machining – four 5-axis machines, two 3/4 axis machines
- Automotive Composites – Large clean room (with multiple work stations for dedicated projects), plus additional clean rooms for specialist applications
- Curing – four autoclaves, out‐of‐autoclave tooling solutions, prepreg laminates,composite pressing.
- Paint & Lacquer – full paint shop with airbrush room, OEM approvals
- Inspection – FAIR capability or development of applicable checking fixtures
Pentaxia embarked upon our first “volume” supply to a luxury automotive OEM in 2014, developing a composite engine cover solution for use in a high temperature environment. We worked closely with our material supplier to develop a high temperature pre-impregnated material. The chosen lacquer system and technique also had to be developed to ensure no lacquer degradation, discolouration or cracking at temperatures over 200 degrees centigrade.
We have been actively involved in several European R&D development projects, utilising our management team’s wide-ranging expertise in composite manufacturing and automotive composites. Many have evolved to become production items. Example projects include:
- Interior components – full cockpit/dashboard, instrument clusters, bracing, decorative trim
- External components – bonnets, wing mirrors, bumpers, engine covers, body kitting etc
At Pentaxia we have in place an implementation strategy for TS:16949 to be completed imminently.