Machining – Patternmaking & Tooling
Pentaxia was founded as a 5-axis machining specialist, with a single 5-axis RYE machine and expertise in machining has underpinned the growth of our business.
We can offer extensive 5-axis machining capabilities, with five 5-axis machines capable of processing a range of materials including:
- Tooling and model boards (epoxy & PU)
- Carbon fibre (plate & trimming)
- Plastics (nylon).
- Foam Core (Rohacell)
All machines have tool changers fitted, with two machines also offering laser tool measurement.
- CMS Ares 5 axis (with tool changer): 3600 x 2600 x1200mm
- CMS Antares 5 axis (with tool changer): 2500 x 1500 x 1200mm
- Rye 5 axis (with tool changer): 3000 x 2500 x 770mm
- Rye 5 axis (with tool changer): 2500 x 2000 x 770mm
- Jobs Jo’Mach 131: 2500 x 1270 x 900mm
For 5-axis machine programming, we utilise Delcam Powermill with the ability to run all programmes through Vericut tooling verification software. Vericut enables “lights out” 5-axis machining to further maximise our production capabilities.
In terms of additional machining capabilities, we have two HAAS VM3 3-axis machines (with optional 4th axis). These machines have an envelope of 1016 x 660 x 635mm
- Steel (Stainless, Mild, tooling)
- Solid carbon fibre
- Plastics (Nylon)