Quality & Inspection
At Pentaxia, our Quality Team have gathered over 60 years combined experience across many industry sectors including automotive, presswork, machining, and aerospace. We have invested heavily and consistently to ensure we have the necessary systems, controls and procedures in place to facilitate continued expansion without risking any lapse in our customer quality expectations. Having a long term familiarity of working with advanced composite materials has also been crucial, as often composite material behaviour can be considered quite challenging owing to the number of variables involved (weave, resin system, process technique etc.).
Pentaxia Limited is committed to a policy of providing composite materials, tooling and components that shall meet all statutory and regulatory requirements, to the quality standard required by our customers in a cost effective manner.
To achieve this, we shall:
- Strive to meet or exceed the current, new and potential requirements of our customers by means of continuous assessment and evaluation of their needs.
- Ensure that all staff are provided with the necessary resources and training.
- Create an environment encouraging every individual within the Company to identify and implement continuous improvement.
- Publish corporate goals and targets that embody these objectives.
- Operate a Business Management System that shall meet with the requirements of AS9100C and BS EN9001:2008 to ensure that quality standards are constantly met and improved.
- Operate a Quality Management System consistent with the best practices set for the market in which we serve.
- Operate a Health, Safety and Environmental system to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- BS EN9001:2008 approval (link to shared certification)
- Implementation strategy in place for TS16949
Quality Control Technology is able to inspect customer components within its controlled Inspection facility.
- Batch or Single Inspection
- Measurement Investigation
- First Article (FAIR) or Initial sample inspection (ISIR)
- Inspection to Cad (Iges / Step)
- Reverse Engineering
- Gauge & Fixtures Verification
- Onsite Inspection Services
- Statistical Reports where required
- Third Party Verification
- Problem Solving Investigation
- When a part is too large to move our portable measuring arm Faro Platinum 2.4m arm will address the issue.
- First article inspection reporting (FAIR) to AS9102 using industry standard IPI VisualFair software
- Primary inspection utilising Faro Platinum 2.4m arm
- Full inspection of patterns to validate the mould form and subsequent composite components (single interface, reducing project time-frames and cost).
- Final inspection using Delcam PowerInspect Software
We have developed a reputation in the composites market for manufacturing world-class tooling solutions. Our tooling suites are shipped globally, typically by our aerospace customers following successful tooling validation.
At Pentaxia we can offer complete tooling design capabilities in-house, combined with the production of all necessary patterns, composite (or metallic) moulds, edge bar/insert detailing (where appropriate), jigs, fixtures and final components.
Regularly we are requested to produce an initial prove-out component from our completed tooling as part of the customer acceptance/buy off process. Once the component inspection has been validated by the customer, the entire suite is often delivered locally before eventual shipment elsewhere in UK, Europe, North America or to an LCC (low cost country) for long-term volume manufacturing.
Manufacturing complex tooling requires exceptional Quality and Inspection process control. At Pentaxia we are proud of our capabilities and would be happy to share our expertise to develop new customer relationships. We are highly experienced across a wide range of business sectors. If you would like to discuss possible future projects, please get in touch as we aim to exceed your expectations in all aspects of our manufacturing approach.